The travelling journal project is a collaborative art experiment with an online component (this blog), the actual journals that will be originated by one artist and passed to other artists. The experiment will culminate with a travelling art show during 2011.
- Journals can be hand made or purchased
- 20 to 30 pages total is recommended
- Closed journal size: no smaller than 6x6 inches and no larger than 11x17 inches
- Journals can be in a traditional form or they may unfold into a wall piece or sculpture...or scroll
- Originator can choose a topic or theme for their journal to pass
- Originator will also choose 5-7 people that they want to pass the journal to, and fill out the proposal/timeline sheet (see link at side)
- Originator will also be assigned a blog link that they can then customize and pass the info along to their journal participants--who will either scan or photograph what they did in the journal and post it...with any other comments/observations about the project.
- Project will begin Sept. 15th and continue until Dec. 15th (all journals sent to the originator, then back to me by January 1st)
- Any media may be used in the journals, as long as they can travel safely and still be closed into a relatively flat book.
- Friends or family of each participant are also invited to make pages while that participant has the book. So while a book might only travel to 7 addresses, at each address, the number of people making pages is limited only by the person who has received the book, their friends, and the length of time until the next "mail to" date when the book has to travel.
Questions? e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org